MEXICAN VEGGIE BURGER
Add some heat and smoky flavour to our delicious HARVEST GOURMET® Vegan Sensational Burger. This Mexican burger recipe is loaded with a fresh hot tomato salsa, chipotle mayonnaise and smoky cheese, served with a fresh and crunchy salad.
What Makes Our Delicious Mexican Veggie Burger So Special? Our yummy Mexican veggie burger has plenty of natural protein from soy and wheat combined with natural plant extracts such as beetroot, carrot and bell pepper for an unbelievable vegetarian extravaganza.
- 0:40 TIME
- 10 Portions
10 HARVEST GOURMET® Vegan Sensational Burgers
10 sourdough buns
10 slices smoked Cheddar cheese
5 medium carrots, grated
3 sticks celery, sliced
3 baby gem lettuces, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
5 tomatoes, diced
1 large onion, finely diced
2½ red chilli, sliced
5tbsp chipotle mayonnaise
2½ tbsp tomato puree
2½ tbsp lemon juice
2½ tbsp water
Large handful mint
Large bunch coriander leaves
Juice of 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan ovens), Gas Mark 4. Place the HARVEST GOURMET® Vegan Sensational Burgers on a baking sheet and cook from frozen 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the burgers from the oven and place a cheese slice on top of each burger. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes, adding the buns to the oven for the final 2 minutes of the cooking time.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, red chilli and coriander with the lime juice in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the side salad in a large bowl. Place the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till well combined. Pour over the side salad and mix to coat well.
- Stack the burgers! Cut the buns in half. Place one half of each bun onto plates, spread with the chipotle mayonnaise and top with watercress. Place the cheesy burger on top and add the lime-dressed vegetables. Sandwich each with the other half of burger bun. Serve with the side salad.
- Offer your customer their favourite condiments to this Mexican veggie burger to make their own – light mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard or pickles for extra flavour. Serve with a chilled jug of lime cordial to cool the flames!
- This recipe could be made vegan by simply replacing the sourdough buns to vegan buns and replacing the cheese and mayonnaise to vegan alternatives.
- If you loved our Mexican Burger recipe why not try some of our other deliciously vegan or vegetarian dishes? The Veggie Burger or the Vegetarian Chilli!
- Refer to pack for more cooking instructions of Garden Gourmet Sensational Burgers
|Typical Nutrition Values||Per 100g||Per serve||Adult RI||% RI*|
of which saturates
of which sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
The recipe nutrition information is approximate and based on the ingredients listed. Please consider if any ingredients are changed or substituted then the nutrition will change.