Olive Oil, extra virgin
Onion, white, diced
Carrots, fresh, diced
Bay leaf, dried
Chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, diced
Curry paste, medium
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Chicken stock, low sodium
Green beans, fresh, sliced
Coriander, fresh, roughly chopped
Almonds, sliced, toasted
- Soak the basmati rice in warm water for 15 minutes, then rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan with a lid heat the olive oil to a medium high heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and fry for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the bay leaf, cardamom pods, cinnamon and turmeric and fry until fragrant.
- Add the diced chicken, curry paste and Maggi Chilli sauce and stir to coat well. Fry until the curry paste becomes fragrant.
- Add the rice into the pan and cover with the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and secure a tight-fitting lid on top. Allow to cook covered over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Quickly open the lid and add in the peas, corn and green beans. Stir well and cover immediately. Simmer over a low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave, covered for another 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped coriander, toasted almonds and optional sweet onions*.
To prepare sweet onions simply fry 200 g of sliced onions over a medium heat for 8-10
minutes. Lower the heat and add 30 ml of Maggi Sweet Chili sauce. Fry until the onions
start to brown.