Chicken Breast, skinless, boneless
Ginger, fresh, sliced
Onion, white, cut into large pieces
Garlic cloves, fresh, quartered
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Maggi Lazenby Sauce
Soy Sauce, light
Sesame seeds, toasted
Egg noodles, cooked
- In a large pot, place the ginger, onion and garlic and cover with approx. 1 L of cold water (might be more for a bigger yield), bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the chicken breasts.
- Poach on low heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and set aside to cool, reserving the liquid.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and jullienne. Set aside.
- In a small pot combine 250 ml of the reserved poaching liquid, Maggi Chilli Sauce, sesame sauce, Maggi Lazenby sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce by 1⁄4.
- Add in the sesame seeds and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Shred the chicken breasts and mix with the julienned cucumber.
- Add the cooled sauce and stir well.
- Serve on top of egg noodles.
This dish is served cold but can also be served hot by adding the shredded chicken
to the hot sauce.