Olive Oil, extra virgin
Onion, medium diced
Maggi Sweet Chilli Sauce
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
Eggs, large, whole
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron sauce over high heat Add the onions and spices and sauté until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and stir to combine. Ensure that the chorizo starts to brown about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and chilli sauce and fry for 3-4 minutes until the sauces start to caramelize.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in the sweet potato and stir to combine.
- Add the water and cover with a lid to steam the sweet potatoes over a medium heat. This will take about 10 minutes. NB: Stir every few minutes to loosen up the bits on the bottom.
- When the sweet potato starts to become soft make divots in the hash and crack in the eggs. Cover and cook another 3-5 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. (If making this recipe in bulk, the sweet potato can be transferred to the oven at this point and baked at 180°C until the eggs are set)
- Place the hash onto a serving dish and top with fresh rocket.
Rocket can be replaced with a number of available fresh herbs such as parsley, watercress etc.