For the sauce
Maggi Lazenby Sauce
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Soy Sauce, low sodium
Vinegar, rice wine
For the tofu
Tofu, firm, pressed
Olive Oil, extra virgin
Broccoli, florets, blanched
Green Beans, trimmed, blanched
Sesame seeds, toasted
- For the sauce combine the Maggi Lazenby sauce, Maggi chilli sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, vinegar and corn starch and mix well. Set aside to infuse.
- Ensure that the tofu is completely pressed before cutting into 2 cm bites.
- Sprinkle the tofu with corn starch covering all sides.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the tofu and fry in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain.
- In the same pan add the blanched broccoli and green beans and fry for 5-6 minutes, browning slightly.
- Stir the sauce well and add to the pan. (If it thickens too quickly, reduce the heat and add 1⁄2 cup of water).
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the fried tofu and stir to coat well. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Serve on brown rice and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.