Olive oil, extra virgin
Garlic, fresh, peeled, roughly chopped
Red Lentils, cooked, cooled
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Coconut Milk, low fat
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cumin and garam masala and fry until fragrant.
- Add the lentils and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chilli sauce and coconut milk and bring to a slow simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. Season well and serve.
To be served as a main course this recipe can be doubled to yield a sufficient serving