Yoghurt, plain, full fat
Coconut, dried, flaked
Oil, olive, extra virgin
Onions, white, finely diced
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Maggi Lazenby Sauce
Sugar, white, granulated
Pepper, black, fine
To Taste (Optional)
- Place the cashew nuts in warm water for 20-30 minutes to soften them up.
- Place the cashew nuts, yoghurt, coconut, and poppyseeds in a food processor and blitz until it makes a thick paste. Set aside.
- Heat the 20 ml of the oil over a medium heat and fry the paneer cubes in batches until they are golden brown (2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Heat the remaining oil over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, cardamom pods and bay leaf and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the spices and stir well. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chilli sauce and Lazenby sauce and increase the heat to high. Fry for about 1 minutes until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the yoghurt paste, sugar and seasonings.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and allow to come to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture becomes slightly thickened.
- Add in the paneer cubes and continue to simmer until the gravy becomes thick.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander just before service.