Chickpeas, canned, drained, rinsed
Lemon juice, fresh
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Onion, white, grated
Pepper, black, fine
Coriander, fresh, finely chopped
Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
Eggs, large, whole
Maggi No Oil Dressing Greek
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them well. Pat them dry.
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, zest, chilli sauce, onion, garlic, and seasonings the bowl of a food processor and blitz for 20-30 seconds until smooth.
- Add approx. half of the flour and mix in gently by hand. Continue mixing and adding in flour, just until the mixture holds together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and parsley.
- Portion into 30 g portions and roll. Place on a greased baking sheet, cover lightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Dredge in remaining flour and shake off to create a light coating.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs and no oil dressing to create an egg wash and in a separate bowl place the panko crumbs.
- Dip each falafel in the egg wash and then in the panko crumb and then return to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
For better results falafels can also be deep-fried in 180°C vegetable oil for 6-8 minutes
until crisp and golden.