Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Thumbprint Cookies
The Americans love their thumbprint cookies. We’ve given ours a local twist with the addition of Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Dessert Topping in the cookie mixture and on top.
- Butter½ cup
- Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Dessert Topping1/3 cup
- Brown sugar½ cup
- Granulated sugar¼ cup
- Egg1 large
- Vanilla essence2 tsp
- Flour1 ¾ cup
- Corn flour2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda1 tsp
- Nestlé milk chocolate, roughly chopped1 cup
- Peppermint Crisp Filling:
- Cream cheese250g
- Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Dessert Topping¼ cup
- In a large bowl combine together the flour, corn flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the butter, Nestlé Peppermint Crisp Dessert Topping, sugars, egg and vanilla essence. Cream for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and slowly add the flour mixture. Be sure to combine well.
- Fold through the chocolate bits.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Using your thumb make an indentation into the cookie in the center. Bake in the oven at 160°C for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and lightly press in the center of the cookies again; to ensure a small dip is present. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- While the cookies cool; make the topping by beating together all the ingredients until a uniform mixture forms.
- Once cooled fill each cookie with Nestle Peppermint Crisp Dessert Topping, using a teaspoon. Set aside until serving.
Mix cream cheese and any of the Nestlé Professional’s Dessert range products to create a more malleable frosting. All of the products work well with the cream cheese creating an unforgettable flavor.
Products used in the recipe
Milk Chocolate Sauce in a fat based chocolate compound sauce flavoured with peppermint flavour.