Nestlé BAR-ONE Hot Chocolate Cake Roll with Warm BAR-ONE Sauce and Toasted Marshmallows
Discover an indulgent chocolate cake roll unlike any other, thanks to our Nestlé Hot Chocolate Powder and heavenly Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread. It looks fantastic on the table!
- Eggs3 large
- Granulated sugar1 cup
- Water1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence1 tsp
- Flour¾ cup
- Nestlé Hot Chocolate Powder¼ cup
- Baking powder1 tsp
- Salt¼ tsp
- Cocoa and icing sugar for rolling the cake
- Cream cheese226g
- Granulated sugar1/3 cup
- Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread½ cup
- Whipping cream1 ½ cups
- Mini marshmallows1 ½ cups
- Nestle BAR-ONE Spread, heated
- Large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 30cm x 22cm x 2,5cm baking tray with baking paper and spray and cook.
- Beat the eggs in an electric mixer for 5 minutes, or until thick and light yellow.
- Slowly add in the sugar while beating.
- Lower the speed and add the water and vanilla essence.
- Still on a low speed add in the flour, Nestlé Hot Chocolate Powder, baking powder and salt. Beat until just smooth.
- Pour into your prepared baking tray and bake for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the cake to loosen.
- On a clean kitchen towel sprinkle with cocoa and icing sugar and turn the cake out onto the towel. Remove the baking paper and trim any edges.
- While the cake is still hot gently roll in the towel being sure to not make it too tight. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, make the filling by beating together all the ingredients except the marshmallow until thick. Stir through the mini marshmallows.
- Unroll the cake carefully and spread with the filling, leave about 2,5cm on the edge. Carefully roll the cake back up and place on your serving dish.
- Drizzle with the heated Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread and garnish with marshmallows. Use a blow torch to toast the marshmallows.
Use Nestlé Hot Chocolate Powder rather than using cocoa it creates a subtle chocolate flavor that isn’t over powering as well as creating a different flavor profile.
Products used in the recipe
A confectionery spread for application on cakes, ice cream and pancakes.