Nestlé BAR-ONE Banana Muffins
Chocolate and banana flavoured muffins… What’s not to love? These wonderful Nestlé treats are perfect for breakfast buffets, tea or coffee time or even the dessert tray.
- Flour1 cup
- Corn flour1 Tbsp
- Bicarbonate of soda½ tsp
- Salt¼ tsp
- Milk chocolate, roughly chopped1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate, roughly chopped½ cup
- Nestlé Cocoa powder4 Tbsp
- Egg1 large
- Greek yoghurt½ cup
- Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread¼ cup
- Vanilla essence1 tsp
- Brown sugar½ cup
- Banana, mashed1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 7-8 extra-large muffin tins with spray and cook.
- In a bowl combine the flour, corn flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cocoa powder, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
- In a separate bowl beat together the egg and Greek yoghurt. Stir in the Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread, vanilla, brown sugar and bananas.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter among your greased muffin tin and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and remove from the muffin tin and place onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container until serving.
Not only does the Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread bring a unique flavor to the muffins but is a substitute for butter/oil that would normally be used in baking.
Products used in the recipe
A confectionery spread for application on cakes, ice cream and pancakes.