For the pickle
Maggi No oil dressing, Greek
Vinegar, white, grape
Cabbage, green, finely sliced
Cabbage, red, finely sliced
Onions, white, finely sliced
For the Bunny Chow
Onions, white, diced
Garlic, fresh, crushed
Stewing Mutton, cubed
Coriander, fresh, chopped
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Maggi BBQ Sauce
Beef stock, low sodium
Pepper, black, fine
Whole wheat bread roll
- For the slaw in a small bowl combine the Maggi no oil dressing, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, red and green cabbage, onion and carrot and stir well to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes but preferably overnight.
- For the curry: Heat oil in a large pot and add the onions and garlic, frying until translucent.
- Add the mutton and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and spices and lower the heat, frying until aromatic and all the meat is coated in spice.
- Pour in the beef stock, tinned tomatoes, Maggi Chilli sauce and BBQ sauce into the pot and bring the pot up to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for approx. hours until the mutton is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the peas and heat through.
- Hollow out the bread rolls and fill with mutton curry.
- Top with the pickle and serve.