MAGGI’s Mince, Cheese & Mash Deep Fried Bombs with MAGGI Salad Dressing Emulsion
MAGGI’s Deep Fried Bombs combine three favourites into one – hearty beef mince, tangy cheddar cheese and fluffy MAGGI Mash. They’re heavenly dipped in the tangy emulsion.
- Cheesy Meatballs:
- Beef mince500g
- Parsley, chopped½ bunch
- Cheddar cheese, cubed200g
- Chilli powder1 ½ tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped4 cloves
- MAGGI Lazenby Worcestershire Sauce2 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Potato Bombs:
- MAGGI Mash, prepared2 cups
- Bacon, fried and chopped4 slices
- Spring onions, chopped2
- Milk½ cup
- Panko bread crumbs1 cup
- Garlic granules½ tsp
- Salt1 tsp.
- Oil for deep frying
- Salad Dressing Emulsion:
- Nestlé Oil-Free Salad Dressing1 cup
- Mayonnaise½ cup
- Plain yoghurt½ cup
- Fresh coriander, choppedHandful
- For the cheesy meatballs: in a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make little mince balls around each piece of cubed cheddar.
- Place onto a greased baking tray and bake in an oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool until needed.
- In a bowl combine the MAGGI Mash, bacon and spring onion.
- In a separate bowl beat together the milk and egg; and in another combine the panko bread crumbs, garlic and salt.
- To make the bombs scoop up potato mixture and wrap around a cheesy meatball, dip into the bread crumbs, then into the egg-milk mixture and again into the bread crumbs. Repeat this for each meatball.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 170°C and deep fry each ball until golden brown; approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- While cooking; make the salad dressing emulsion. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well until it comes together.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or drizzled over the potato bombs.
The potato bombs are an alternative to scotch eggs and are a definite crowd pleaser. The emulsion is a great way to make a healthier sauce/ dipping without oil or cream. Also can be made with only yoghurt rather than mayonnaise.
Products used in the recipe
Worcestershire Sauce adds unique and rich flavors to dishes, sure to enhance any meal and any occasion.