MAGGI’s Crispy Thin Onion and Seed Flatbread
Flatbreads are incredibly versatile. They’re great as part of a meal and are fabulous served with dips and hummus. Ours is made with super convenient MAGGI Mash.
- MAGGI Mash, prepared and cooled2 cups
- Butter, melted¼ cup
- Egg, beaten1 large
- Rice flour1 cup
- Corn flour¼ cup
- Baking powder2 tsp
- Poppy seeds2 tsp
- Sesame seeds, toasted2 tsp
- Onion, finely chopped½
- Garlic2 Tbsp
- Dried basil2 tsp
- Salt½ tsp
Melted butter for brushing
- In a large bowl combine the MAGGI Mash, butter and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Add in the rice flour, corn flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to rest.
- In the meantime, make your crispy onions by lightly sauté them with a little oil and butter. Add the garlic towards the end of the cooking to ensure it does not burn.
- Mix the onions, garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, basil and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough has rested cut into 8 pieces and roll into balls. Flatten lightly with rice floured fingers.
- Place onto baking paper on a baking tray and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the onion and seeds mix and bake for 15 minutes at 225°C.
- Remove from the oven and brush with more melted butter.
The use of the MAGGI Mash and other flours creates a gluten/wheat free product that can be enjoyed by everyone.