- MAGGI Mash, premade¾ cup
- Flour2 ¾ cup
- Egg1 large
- Water, warm¾ cup
- Granulated sugar¼ cup
- Butter, melted2 Tbsp
- Salt½ tsp
- Active dry yeast1 ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon½ tsp
- Nutmeg1/8 tsp
- Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread, heated to a liquid consistency250g
- Oil for frying
- Sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- In an electric mixer fixed with a dough hook combine the MAGGI Mash, ½ cup flour and egg until combined.
- Dissolve the yeast, butter and sugar in the warm water and add to the bowl with the salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Add in the remaining flour a little at a time; continue to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place in an oiled bowl to prove in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size remove from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and roll out until 1.5cm thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter to cut rounds out and place on them a lined baking tray. Cover and place in a warm area to prove again for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a fryer or large pot to 160C.
- Fry each spudnut for 3-4 minutes being sure to turn them over. Drain on paper towel and dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with the warmed Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread drizzled over or as a dipping sauce.
Using MAGGI Mash in this recipe decreases the wheat content in the product appealing to a larger target market as well as creates a softer texture than original doughnuts.
Products used in the recipe
A confectionery spread for application on cakes, ice cream and pancakes.
MAGGI Mashed Potato Instant Mix
An instant mashed potato mix prepared from real potatoes. Quick and easy to prepare. Just add hot water and whisk.