MAGGI Mash Korean Fried Chicken with MAGGI Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce
- Korean Chicken:
- Chicken chunks/wings, washed and patted dry1,5kg
- MAGGI Mash¼ cup
- Flour½ cup
- Salt1 tsp
- Black pepper1 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda1 tsp
- Egg, beaten1 large
- Full cream milk¼ cup
- Lemonade¼ cup
- Sesame oil2 tsp
- Garlic, finely chopped3 cloves
- Tomato sauce1/3 cup
- Sugar1/3 cup
- Soy sauce1/3 cup
- MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressing¼ cup
- Tabasco or any other hot sauce1/8 cup
Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- In a large bowl combine together all Korean chicken ingredients besides the chicken. Be sure it is mixed well.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 170°C and dip each chicken piece into the MAGGI Mash batter and then into the oil and fry until golden and crunchy, approximately 10 – 12 minutes. Drain on paper towel once cooked.
- Make the sauce in the meantime by place all the ingredients into a saucepan and brining up to a simmer. Continue to cook for 7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked coat in the sauce before serving and top with toasted sesame seeds and extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Using MAGGI Mash in your coating creates a thicker and ultimately crispier coating. The coating makes your meat seem double in size thus adding value to your customer. The potato flavor also adds a twist to original fried chicken.