MAGGI Mash Crusty Garlic Knots
Our MAGGI Mash Crusty Garlic Knots are a real crowd pleaser. They’re so much more exciting than ordinary bread rolls. This recipe makes 24, enough to feed a crowd.
- Dry instant yeast1 Tbsp
- Warm milk1 cup
- MAGGI Mash, prepared¾ cup
- Butter1 Tbsp
- Salt2 ¼ tsp
- Egg yolks2
- Bread flour4 ½ cups
- Garlic Herb Basting:
- MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressing1 cup
- Garlic, crushed3 Tbsp.
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.90 g
- In a large bowl of a stand electric mixer add the milk and yeast and allow it to proof.
- Add in the MAGGI Mash, butter, salt and stir the combine.
- Add in the eggs yolks and beat well.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time kneading it into the dough, continue to knead the dough until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a large bowl and place your dough instead with a tea towel on top and allow it to rise for at least 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and cover, allow to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 24 pieces.
- Use your hands to roll each piece into a 18cm snake and tie into a knot and pinch the two ends together behind the top.
- Place onto your prepared baking tray; once all rolls are on the baking tray cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- While they rise make the garlic herb basting by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Brush the garlic herb basting over the rolls.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms are brown and the tops golden.
We Substitute the oil or butter usually used to brush pastry when cooking for the MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressings. They will help brown your pastry as well as add flavour.