MAGGI Mash Crusty Garlic Knots
Our MAGGI Mash Crusty Garlic Knots are a real crowd pleaser. They’re so much more exciting than ordinary bread rolls. This recipe makes 24, enough to feed a crowd.
- Dry instant yeast1 Tbsp
- Warm milk1 cup
- MAGGI Mash, prepared¾ cup
- Butter1 Tbsp
- Salt2 ¼ tsp
- Egg yolks2
- Bread flour4 ½ cups
- Garlic Herb Basting:
- MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressing1 cup
- Garlic, crushed3 Tbsp.
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.90 g
- In a large bowl of a stand electric mixer add the milk and yeast and allow it to proof.
- Add in the MAGGI Mash, butter, salt and stir the combine.
- Add in the eggs yolks and beat well.
- Add the flour I cup at a time kneading it into the dough, continue to knead the dough until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a large bowl and place your dough instead with a tea towel on top and allow it to rise for at least 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and cover, allow to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 24 pieces.
- Use your hands to roll each piece into a 18cm snake and tie into a knot and pinch the two ends together behind the top.
- Place onto your prepared baking tray; once all rolls are on the baking tray cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- While they rise make the garlic herb basting by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Brush the garlic herb basting over the rolls.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms are brown and the tops golden.
We Substitute the oil or butter usually used to brush pastry when cooking for the MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressings. They will helps brown your pastry as well as had flavor.
Products used in the recipe
More people are now recognizing the importance of following a healthy lifestyle. Adopting healthy eating habits and good food choices, and making them part of their everyday life is becoming the norm rather than the exception.
MAGGI Mashed Potato Instant Mix
An instant mashed potato mix prepared from real potatoes. Quick and easy to prepare. Just add hot water and whisk. Features and Benefits: Bain-marie stable No added MSG Cook-chill stable Halaal certified
Nestlé BAR-ONE Pain Au Chocolate
Breakfast Energy Bars
Slow Cooked Mealies with Butter and MAGGI Oil Free Italian Salad Dressing