Aubergine, sliced into 0,5cm slices
Maggi No oil Dressing Greek
Olive Oil, extra virgin
Onions, finely diced
Celery, finely diced
Carrots, finely diced
Lentils, split, red, cooked
Tomatoes, crushed, tinned
Tomatoes, chopped, fresh
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Maggi Lazenby Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 ̊C and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with Maggi No oil Dressing and place on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes turning once.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for assembly later.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the mirepoix (onion, celery and carrots) and fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils and tomato paste and fry for another 5 minutes stirring well.
- Add the crushed and fresh tomatoes, water, chilli sauce and lazenby sauce and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes adjusting the seasonings if necessary. The ragu should still be moist, so if it evaporates too much reduce the heat.
- Place a scoop of the lentil ragu in the base of an ovenproof dish, then top with a single layer of aubergine.
- Continue until all the ragu and aubergine has been used.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.