Oil, olive, extra virgin
Asparagus, sliced in 0.5 cm rounds, tips reserved
Onion, finely diced
Tuna, in brine, drained
Nestlé No oil Salad Dressing, French
Nestlé Lazenby Sauce
Egg whites, large
Parmesan Cheese, grated
Pepper, black, fine
Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Using cooking spray grease a 10-indent muffin tin or 10 mini quiche pans and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ̊C.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and asparagus and fry for 5-8 minutes until the asparagus begins to soften but does not brown.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl, place the tuna, no oil salad dressing and Lazenby sauce and mix well.
- In a separate bowl place, the egg whites, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley and mix well.
- Divide the tuna mixture between the 10 quiche pans and then divide the egg mixture between the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and place asparagus tips on top.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes until just set.
- Remove and allow to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
Asparagus can be replaced with broccoli as an alternative