- NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK¼ cup (60 ml)
- NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER¼ cup (60 ml)
- NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- softened butter½ cup (125 ml)
- sugar¼ cup (60 ml)
- beaten egg1
- vanilla extract1 tsp (5 ml)
- flour2 cups (500 ml)
- dough2 tsp (10 ml)
- icing sugar1 ¼ cups (310 ml)
- melted butter2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- vanilla extract½ tsp (2.5 ml)
- icing sugar
- For dough, mix ½ cup (125 ml) softened butter and ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 beaten egg, 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract and ¼ cup (60 ml) NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK.
- Sift ¼ cup (60 ml) NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER and 2 cups (500 ml) flour.
- Mix into butter mixture until thoroughly blended, adding more NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK if dough is not coming together.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle (about 30 mins).
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Using 2 tsp (10 ml) dough, roll a rope about 20 - 30 cm long between your hands.
- To shape into a pretzel, make a loop about 4 cm in diameter by crossing the ends, leaving 2.5 cm tails.
- Flip the loop down over the crossed ends. Press firmly into place.
- Place pretzels on greased baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl mix 2 Tbsp (30 ml) NESTLÉ COCOA POWDER and 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) icing sugar.
- Gradually stir in 2 Tbsp (30 ml) melted butter and ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract.
- If frosting is too thick, thin with a little NESTLÉ IDEAL EVAPORATED MILK.
- When pretzels come out of the oven, place on a cooling rack and brush or drizzle with frosting. Set aside to cool.
- When pretzels are cool, dust with icing sugar.