Lamb stewing meat, on the bone
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Pepper, black, fine
Oil, olive, extra virgin
Onion, white, diced
Carrots, peeled, sliced
Beef stock, low-sodium
Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
Preserved Lemon, diced
Green Olives, pitted
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, Maggi Chilli sauce, pepper and salt and stir well.
- Sprinkle the flour over and stir to combine.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil to a high heat.
- Fry the meat in batches until brown on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and carrots to the same pot and fry for 5-7 minutes. Add the cumin and cinnamon and fry until fragrant.
- Place the meat back in the pot and add in the beef stock. Bring to a simmer and cover. Simmer covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the chickpeas, preserved lemon and green olives. Allow to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.