Eggplant, cut into 2 cm cubes
Zucchini, cut into 2 cm cubes
Olive Oil, extra virgin
Red Onion, medium dice
Garlic, fresh, crushed
Pepper, red, medium dice
Tomatoes, ripe, diced
Maggi Chilli Sauce
Maggi BBQ Sauce
Pepper, black, fine
- Place the eggplant and zucchini in a large colander and sprinkle with the salt. Allow to stand for 20-30 minutes to draw out excess water.
- In a large saucepan heat half of the olive oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and fry for 5-8 minutes until the peppers begin to soften. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Remove the eggplant and the zucchini from the colander and pat dry using a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over a high heat.
- Fry the eggplant in zucchini in batches over a high heat browning on all sides.
- Once all the zucchini and eggplant is fried, add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, water, Maggi Chilli Sauce and Maggi BBQ Sauce to the pan.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add in the peppers, eggplant and zucchini and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over a low heat for approx. 15 minutes.
- Stir in the olives.
- Serve on whole wheat spaghetti and just before service sprinkle with fresh basil.