Nestlé Condensed Milk
Cup Lemon juice
- In an electric blender on high speed, blend the cooked beetroot until it forms a thick smooth consistency.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest, and pour the beetroot mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the condensed milk, gently mixing the sorbet mixture till well incorporated.
- Freeze the sorbet for 4 to 6 hours, for even greater results the sorbet can be frozen over-night.
- When ready, scoop into an ice cream bowl and serve with fruit syrup of choice or diced fruits.
Prep time: +/- 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Bulk yield: 3.2 kg
Recipe yield per portion: 32 portions @ 100g each
N.B to preserve more nutrients from beetroot and save time, beetroot can also be steamed for 30 to 35 minutes.