|Milk full Cream||275ml|
|Banana, ripe medium||4|
|Sugar, brown, granulated||40g|
|Kitkat Spread (plus 50g for topping)||200g|
1. For the pancakes: In a medium sized bowl sift the flour and baking powder together. Add in the salt and sugar and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl or jug combine the butter, eggs, water and milk. Whisk well.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well.
4. Mix with a whisk until completely smooth. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for an hour.
5. To cook the pancakes heat a 20 cm non-stick pan over a medium heat and spray with non-stick spray or brush with cooking oil.
6. Ladle in enough batter to coat the base of the pan.
7. Cook for approx. 2 minutes on one side then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
8. Set aside for assembly.
9. For the filling: Cut the banana into rounds about 0,5 cm in thickness and cut each round into quarters.
10. Place the banana in a heavy bottom saucepan and allow to melt.
11. Add the brown sugar and stir well.
12. Add in the banana and simmer over a low heat for 3-5 minutes until the banana starts to caramelize.
13. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence – the banana will break up a bit.
14. Immediately add in the Kit Kat spread and stir to combine.
15. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
16. Place two pancakes on top of each other on serving plate.
17. Spread 3 tablespoons of the caramelized banana KitKat on top. Place another two pancakes on top. Complete this process until all the pancakes are done.
18. Spread the remaining 50 g of Kit Kat spread on top of the last pancake and sprinkle the crushed Kit Kat on top.