For the Chocolate Cake
Nestlé Aero Dark 85 g, broken into smaller pieces
Fresh eggs XL, room temperature
¼ cup icing sugar
Makes: 34 bites
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a heat-proof bowl, melt the Nestlé Aero in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites into two different bowls.
- Add the egg yolks, one by one, to the melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- With an electric beater, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk in one spoon of egg white until a smooth chocolate mixture is achieved.
- Gently fold the rest of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture, a 1/3 at a time. Take care not to over mix as you want to keep all the air and fluffiness.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the mini muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the cupcake liners
- Stack on a platter and dust lightly with icing sugar before serving. ENJOY!!